Sunday, July 13, 2008

Consider the motion of the maglev

first off i would like to apologize for not writing in a while. Last Thursday i took the MCAT, this is a test that pretty much covers every thing i have learned in high school and collage. I needed to take this test so i can get into medical school. Since it is a big deal to score well i have been studying for that instead of working on my blog, I'm sorry. But the good news is now i am free. So I will start by looking back through my notes at some of the things I am supposed to write about that I have not yet. The first thing I found was to talk about how every thing is connected in the book Great Expectations. This goes back to the coincidences we talked about last week. For starters i would like to share a coincidence that happened with me in this class. Last week we were assigned our poems from Stevens. My poem was "Anicdoet of a Jar" I went home to read my poem and start trying to figure out what it means. and to my surprise, the little ribbon in the book was on the page that my poem was on. At first i thought "wow, what a coincidence." but then Prof Sexson, voice came into my head and said, " one in three" so i guess there was some divine reason for me to get the poem that i got.

So now i will move on to coincidences in the book Great Expectations. This book is full of them, just about every thing that happens happens for a reason and my seem like a coincidence. One example is the pale boy that pip beats up in the beginning of the book, he turns out to be Pip's best friend when he moves to London. So this book seems to be full of these coincidences, but this makes sense. What we have to remember when we are reading a novel is the author came up with the idea them selves and intentionally wrote the book the way they did. If things in the book did not tie back together the story would not be very interesting and the book would not be read by very many people. So Mr. Dickens did this on purpose to make the story have more depth and allow for a more interesting book.

The next think i found to write about in my notes was my most early memory of pain. At first i could bot think of much, i remembered my grade school, the play ground, some of the people i went to school with, some of my teachers, but no major events came to my head. Then when driving home from school the other day i remembered my earliest memory where I lost something that was dear to me. Any one who owns a pet knows that they become part of your family. I have always had dogs when I was growing up. Right now back in Colorado I have golden retriever and a golden doodle (cross between the golden retriever and a poodle, she is the one you all saw on my computer on the first day of class) So my earliest memory was one day when i was in kindergarten my mom came to school and picked me up early. She told me that we had to put Jake to sleep, he was the yellow lab that was older than i was. Well this confused me, because i knew he went to sleep every night and that was no reason to be pulled out of school. but then she explained to me what she meant ans that he was sick and was going to die. This is my earliest memory where i lost something and felt pain and disappointment.

Note i was asked to put the line on my blog from my calc book so here is goes, "consider the motion of the maglev"

Again i am sorry i have not been very good about posting my blogs, but now i am done with my test i will have much more time.

No comments: