Tuesday, July 1, 2008

I find it interesting that the two blogs i have read thus far (Steve's and Krystal's) mentioned the same book that put them into a trans were the same book. (Harry Potter) Yes I have read all of these books, and they also did this to me. But when Prof. Sexton mentioned this Harry potter was not the first book that came to my head. There were two that came to my head right away. First is a book I'm guessing not many of you are familiar with, it is called On Call in Hell, A Doctor's War Story, Cdr. Richard Jadick DO. This book is about a Doctor who was in the battle of Fallujah, and set up an OR and ER in the battle field. The book is about his experiences in the Navy and what he did during the battle. This book puts me in a trans every time i read it (or listen to it on tape) i think i have read this book twice, and listen to it every time i drive home to Colorado. I think the reason this book speaks to me so well is because of my careerer goals. I want to be a doctor in the military, that is why i am in ROTC here at MSU, and am working on going to medical school. The other Book that i thought of that put me into a trans was 1984 by George Orwell. I enjoyed this book, and it makes you think. What i like about it is the whole time you are reading it it sounds like a horrible society that people live in, then at the end you find out why they live the way they do and it becomes a twisted utopia in kind of a sick and twisted way.


Well that wraps up my thoughts for now, if anyone cares there is a sale at Barns and Noble right now were Litutare Classics, are buy two get one free.

No comments: